Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Okay, I know it was officially recognized a month ago, but I have made the executive decision that MY new year began with February. Yesterday was my first day without shedding a tear.

I cleaned my house, did 2 loads of laundry, went grocery shopping, did my physical therapy for my knee (biking was painful, so still no cardio, but I did hit the sauna for a while), laid out in the beautiful sunshine reading a book, and actually slept well for the first time in a long time.

I know that there will still be days and times where sadness will tinge my days, but I have decided that my time to grieve has concluded, and positive thoughts and actions are at hand.

I want to thank everyone for being so incredibly supportive & understanding -listening to me whine, cry & complain; listening to me ramble on about insignificant things to keep my mind off other things; and especially for sharing with me the positive things you all have going on in your lives.

I was beginning to think that I may have uttered my belief that everything happens for a reason one too many times, and was being tested as to my convictions. Maybe it was a test - I do still believe it to be true - we cannot grow without experience.

Happy Thoughts!

2 comments:

janet said...

Happy New Year! May it be filled with joy, peace, love and dreams and wishes fulfilled! Love you

Ingram Family said...

I am sure that your 33rd year will be the best one yet!- yes I know you are only turning 32, but Grandpa Lee would say you are beginning your 33rd! May only GREAT things come your way.