Monday, July 14, 2008

VW "Mile-stone"

I was driving home from the Bay Area last night when I realized that during this trip my car would pass 111,111 miles.  Yes, I am a nerd thinking this is cool, I know, but it's a once in a car's lifetime event!  I made a pit stop in Buellton to get my Flip camera - I had about 20 miles to go.  Watching, waiting, 10 miles, 5 miles, and then... text message from a cute boy.  Oh, well sure - we can get together this weekend, it would be great to see you too.  111,114 miles on the odometer.  Aargh!  OK, so I must tell you that I was thoroughly disappointed when I failed to catch such a momentous occasion on film.  Again, nerdy, I know.  (Good thing I already have a date lined up, huh?)

I love my car. Back in 2001, I was lucky enough to have my very first car purchase be supremely positive. Not only did I get a '99 VW Passat with less than 20K miles on it, I got it for $7,000 less than Blue Book! I remember I kept speeding on the way home from the dealership - had to get used to a V6. Oh, and luckily I'd been a VW driver when I was in high school otherwise I would still be stuck trying to reverse out of the parking spot at the grocery store I stopped at on my way home. Down and back... you other 5-speed VW people know what I'm talking about...

I would attach a photo of my beloved vehicle, but there are 2 problems:  1, I don't own an actual camera; and 2,  I've got to wash 600 miles of dead bugs off the car...

2 comments:

janet said...

Perhaps you should invest in a camera...of course, you have gone all this time without one...
It is good to have a car you love!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Boys, always distracting us!
and What?!!!! you don't have a camera? We are going to have to remedy that!